Master Baiter

Master Baiter
These are the words "From My Wife!!"

Sunday, February 27, 2011

27 February 2011 West Neck Creek is the place to be!

Headed out this morning for alittle fishing on West Neck Creek.  Glad I did!

I arrived at West Neck Marina around 10:45 a.m., paid my ramp fee, then lauched the boat.  Weather was beautiful and warming up as the day went on!  It was mostly sunny, air temp around the lower 60's, southeast/east wind at around 5-10 mph, and water temp started out around 53 degrees and was up to 56.5 degrees when I pulled the boat out at around 2:15 p.m.

I tried a new spot out to start the morning off.  It was a flat with a bunch of old stumps right under the surface and it was on a point that had the wind hitting it.  I had no luck there with the spinnerbait.  The water was super dirty on the points due to the wind.  Moved on to another point and caught a little dink hugging tight to the stump.  Had to bounce the spinnerbait off of it then he hit.

Had enough fun in the wind so I headed to another spot on West Neck Creek.  Worked about a 3/4 mile stretch with my spinnerbait and a jig.  Had some good luck and ended up catching two really nice bass!  The warming water had them feeding but they were hanging close to cover.  I had to knock the jig and spinnerbait on, thru, and over the wood to get them to bite.  Also had to slow the baits down as the bass were biting, but not super aggressively!

I ended my time out there trying a few small crappie jigs at the bridge hoping to get acouple to bring home and fry up for the wife and I.  No luck there.  Here soon the crappie will be going good!

There were ALOT of boaters out today.  Talked to a few of them and most of them said they were having luck with crankbaits for bass.

Saw another nice otter out today swimming!

Here are pics of a couple of my bass and my lucky spinnerbait!


No comments:

Post a Comment