Master Baiter

Master Baiter
These are the words "From My Wife!!"

Saturday, February 19, 2011

18 February 2011 West Neck Creek is Great!

Went out today on West Neck Creek.  I put the old boat in at West Neck Marina.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day as it was mostly sunny, temps in the lower 70's and the wind was managable at around 15'ish from the Southwest/west.

The south and west wind had the water level up around normal in west neck but the wind switched to the north in the afternoon and the water started to drop alittle.  Water temp. had warmed up alittle since last weekend from the lower to mid 40's to 56-58 degrees depending on where you were. 

I worked the shores and stumps with a beetle spin for awhile and had no takers.  I had been having some good luck with the beetle spin but not today.  I switched to a spinnerbait with a copper and silver leaf, and a custom silver and black speckled skirt that mimmicks a shad.  With the water being in the mid 50's I figured the bass would be alittle more active and willing to bite a spinnerbait.  My decsion was correct!

I ended the day with 5 nice largemouth bass!  I had a few more that short stiked and I was not able to hook up with but it was nice to catch a few nice ones!  I caught all the bass in the wind close to cover.    Here are a few pics of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment