Master Baiter

Master Baiter
These are the words "From My Wife!!"

Monday, February 21, 2011

21 February 2011 Went and checked out Lake Mt. Trashmore

I had about an hour this afternoon after work to try and slip over to Mt. Trashmore and check the lake out.  I have heard there is fish in there and I was hoping that maybe a couple of them might have been hungry.

Lake Trashmore is a freshwater lake that only allows fishing from the bank.  Sounds good...except that there is a wood fence about 3 feet into the water from the bank and is almost impossible to fish over.  You will find a few breaks in it to get some casts out but for the most part, 85% of the lake is going to be unfishable or a ton of work.  All the real fishy looking area's just about had this fence around it making those areas hard to access.

It's a nice place....just don't think I'll be heading back out there anytime soon.  Maybe once it warms up.  I spent alittle time throwing a beetle spin and spinnerbait and had no takers.  I had one fish strike the spinnerbait but was unable to hook up.

It's worth a shot if you are looking for a place close by without a lot of time to go somewhere to fish.

1 comment:

  1. I got several small bass there last summer along the fence line. The lake is noted for its carp population. I plan on a carp trip when it's warmer. Charlie

    ReplyDelete